For a new view into the biomechanics of motion and psychology (based on the science of physics, the Feldenkrais® work) and development go to Biomechanics of Psychology. Also see “Tips for Researchers” below.
For practical steps applicable to movement research to introduce the body to the mind for a child five to ten years old see: WTM resources. These programs have been proven effecting in enhancing the nature of movement intelligence and how it learns, develops, and heals.
Enrich the intelligence of motion by integrating awareness from the physical to the mind and the treasures of your child, regardless of mental or physical condition improve.
Here’s how WTM works
Life, thinking, feeling, and acting is movement.
Movement form sensorimotor patterns.
Sensorimotor patterns form development and function.
Function and life circumstances form perception.
Perception forms choices.
Integrate movement patterns associated with perception and behavior, and choices improve.
Lectures and Presentations
Joseph B. Martin Conference Center at Harvard Medical School
Online International Conference
SRCD Developmental Science Teaching Institute, Philadelphia, PA
Tips for Researchers
Applications for Movement and Cognition Research
- To advance the research of cognitive disorders by analyzing the character of movement patterns, mental and physical.
- To experience the “body as a brain,” do not model movements but watch how a child’s perception interprets movement. The key to experiencing how the body is a brain is to understand the children’s depth of awareness of their bodies. What areas of the body move differently than the movement direction? Are movements graceful and coordinated? If actions are uncoordinated, how would the movement affect the child’s sense of self, perception, and brain function?
- Use what teachers are already doing in classrooms to introduce current cognitive research and the body. Practical WTM steps to bridge research and the body into school day activities are in the book, A New SENSORY Self Awareness. The book teaches learning from the inside, the feeling in the body, and how it helps learning.
Movement lessons use the science of developmental movement and the Feldenkrais® Method. Dr. Moshe Feldenkrais was a world-renowned physicist well beyond his time in understanding the brain. He used motion to teach the brain awareness of what it is doing mentally and physically.
A New Sensory Self Awareness
Part I, A New Sensory Self Awareness book
Written for Elementary School Teachers and Parents
The book teaches the beginning stages a unique way to bridge the brain with the body. (Attention Researchers: Part II will have methodical steps how to reeducate the function of movement associated with cognitive behavior. Sign up for announcements.)
For Body-to-Brain Awareness
- Analyze movement tendencies and cognitive behavior.
- Observe movement behavior to understand cognitive reactions.
- Reeducating movement patterns’ intelligence is done not by achieving a physical action or skill but mirrors movement disorder back into the nervous system (See the “Notes and Background” in the book A New SENSORY Self Awareness).
The Feldenkrais® Movement
Get sustainable benefits for a lifetime by working with the nature of mind-body function.
- Reeducate biological tendencies locked in attention and listening patterns.
- Changes behavioral patterns associated with identity by analyzing movement patterns.
- Let attention not change movement but learns from movement, and flexibility, coordination, and behavior improve.
When movement patterns associated with cognitive disorders are detected, movement can explain reactions in behavior. Look aWhen movement patterns associated with cognitive disorders are detected, movements can explain reactions of behavior. Look at the awkwardness in an action. Reflect the sensation of the pattern back into the nervous system, and the system reeducates the pattern. If the movement pattern is reeducated within 24-48 hours, mind and body functions improve. In children, we saw these improvements EVERY TIME the pattern reeducated!t the awkwardness in a movement. Reflect the sensation of the pattern back into the nervous system and the system reeducates the pattern. If the pattern reeducates within 24-48 hours for the mind and body functions will improve. In children, we saw these improvements EVERY TIME the pattern reeducated!